Shoutout to Starbucks and their awesome marketing for making me crave things I don’t even like 😛
It never fails – as soon as the cooler weather starts settling in, I immediately think of pumpkin spice lattes. And you know what’s funny? I don’t even like those things!
I’ve tried ordering them “light”. “Half-sweet”. “Just 1 pump of syrup”. But every single time I take a sip, I wonder why I keep paying for them!
It’s been a couple of years since I’ve had one, but believe me – it’s been tough! For whatever reason, I associate fall with sweaters, scarves, and PSLs. And rain. That’s about it.
I recently decided I’m not working anymore (more on that in another post 😛), so I’ve had a lot more time to toy around in the kitchen. You better bet your bottom dollar I created a healthified PSL!
This delicious Pumpkin Coconut Latte has very little added sugar – in fact, you could completely eliminate it if you choose. It’s paleo- and vegan-friendly, can be made into a meal, and it actually contains pumpkin. #Wut I know, crazy, right?
I know you’re just ITCHING to see the recipe, so I won’t make you wait any longer! Here it is:
Pumpkin Coconut Latte
You Will Need:
- 1 cup of strong coffee (I like to use the same amount of coffee grounds as I would for a normal brew but with half the water)
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (make sure it’s pure and not pumpkin pie filling!)
- Dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt
- Optional: 1 tsp maple syrup
- Optional: 1 tbsp MCT oil
- Optional: 1 tbsp collagen
- Brew your coffee using your preferred method (I love my french press!)
- In a small sauce pan, warm the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt over low heat for 4-6 minutes. Stir regularly and do not allow it to burn or bubble! #Gross
- Option 1: Add in the coffee, stir it up, then pour in a cup and enjoy!
- Option 2: Add maple syrup and coffee, stir it up, then pour in a cup and enjoy!
- Option 3: Add to a blender with maple syrup, coffee, MCT oil, and collagen. Blend on high for 15 seconds, then pour in a cup and enjoy.
Pin It For Later!
Have you ever made a pumpkin latte at home? What’s your favourite cozy drink to enjoy when the weather cools down?